Welcome to the DFL Senate District 57
- Senate District 57 was newly created in early 2022 as a result of redistricting based on the 2020 census.
- Senate District 57 includes: the city of Elko New Market, New Market Township, Eureka, Credit River, and 18 Lakeville precincts.
- Senate District 57 is divided into two House Districts: 57A and 57B.
- Senate District 57 is often abbreviated “SD57”. When referring to the Democratic Party in this district we say “DFL57.” There is also a Republican Senate District 57 organization
Who We Are
- Chair: Veda Kanitz
- Vice Chair: Phil Wilson
- Jason Bonnett
- Elise Smith-Dewey
- Michelle Bonnett
- Jack Sewpersaud
- Joan Bindner
- Tami Sublette
Senate District 57 Central Committee
- All positions were elected at our convention on April 9, 2022, with the exception of precinct chairs and vice chairs (which will be chosen at the next central committee meeting). Here are the elected postions in the unit. See the top of the page for the names of those elected.
- Table Officers: Chair, Vice Chair, Outreach Officer, Secretary, Treasurer and Communications Officer.
- Directors: 12 directors are elected to 2 year terms at the SD57 Convention in even years.
- Members of the CD2 Central Committee & State Central Committee if they live in SD57.
- Precinct Chairs (elected to 2 year terms). Precinct Vice Chairs are non-voting members (but vote if their chair is absent).
- Everyone on the DFL Senate District 57 Central Committee is a volunteer.